06 April 2012

End of First Transfer!

I have officially ended my first transfer and Irmã Dos Santos is gone. :( My new companion is Irmã Young. She was in Maderia (an island in our mission) so she won’t get here for another hour or so. I´m so excited to meet her. She is American and I saw a photo of her and that’s all I know. Today has been crazy. All morning we cleaned and organized our apt because my companion had a ton of organizing to do. Then Irmã Palmer (she’s so awesome, we arrived in Portugal the same day) who came here from Viseu (another area about 2 hours away from here) and wanted to hang with me until our companions show up. It’s been fun but a ton of getting lost and running around.

SARA WADDELLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIMA PERU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot express how excited I am for you! Missions are amazing and you will change so many lives. You have such a powerful testimony. I must have received at least seven emails about your call. Everyone is so proud of you.

General Conference is this weekend. I´m so excited. They told us that they will have it in English and because of the time difference we will watch the 1st Saturday session at 5 pm on Saturday, the the 2nd Saturday session at 1pm on Sunday, the Sunday session at 5 pm and the last session at 9 pm. They announced our new Mission President. He is from America. It’s definitely a bittersweet thing. I love President and Irmá Torgan...especially when they try to speak English. Hehehe so cute.

We found a lady when we were contacting this week named Paula. Honestly one of my favorite people I´ve met thus far. She was worked with many of the past sister missionaries here in Porto and was almost baptized. But when the sisters left it didn’t happen. Thursday we found her! We’re pretty much obsessed with each other and she can speak a little English. I feel the strongest spirit around her. She brought out this bag with her scriptures, manuals and all her church stuff all delicately covered with pretty paper as covers. She wants to get baptized but she said right now her heart is closed. She feels so alone in her life right now and I tried to explain to her that this is the best time to let the Lord into her life. We´ve only talked to her once but I’m so excited to see her again.

Alright I’m all out of time but I love all of you so much! Honestly, the best emails this week. Thank you all! I’m sorry I never get enough time. I love you all.
xoxo irmã~

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love.